Leaf Doorbell Install Guide
This installation guide is specific for setting up the Leaf Doorbell for the Helium/Pollen network.
Connecting the jumper cable
Wall mounting prepare
Finish you physical installation
We're going to show you how to install your Leaf Doorbell with an existing chime.
Everything you need to get started is included in the box.
You may also need a pencil a phillips screwdriver drill a 3 32 inch or 2 millimeter drill bit a quarter inch or 6 millimeter masonry bit and a rubber mallet or hammer.
- HW check
Your Leaf Doorbell gets the power it needs by being wired to a compatible doorbell system or power supply.
If your home has a wired doorbell system, it is powered by a doorbell transformer like this.
To work with your new Leaf Doorbell, your transformer must meet these specs (10-24 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 10-40 VA). Doorbell transformers are usually mounted in an out of the way place near the doorbell chime like an attic, closet, or an electrical box.
- Power off
Before you do anything else, you must turn off power on the breaker box. If you're not sure which breaker to turn off, contact an electrician for help.
Try ringing your doorbell to confirm you've turned off the right switch.
- Connecting the jumper cable
Now that the power is off, let's install the included the jumper cable in your doorbell chime.
First, remove its cover. Then, loosen the terminal screws marked "Front" and "Trans", taking care to leave the existing doorbell wires in place.
Connect the jumper cable to these terminals and tighten the screws, and just pop the cover back on
Download the Mosolabs app from the google play or the apple app store.
Follow the steps in the MOSO app to finish setting up your Leaf Doorbell.
1. Let's set up your locations by entering your address. Note that the App will not provide an address format suggestion.
2. Give your new home a name.
3. Are you expecting to set up the devices in a certain area or room?
4. Confirm Your Address to start pairing the device to your home.
- SIM installation
Open SIM cover on the back check sim card slot position.
To install the SIM, gently lift the cover from below and rotate it clockwise to reveal the SIM card slot.
To open the slow, push the upper surface of the slot up. After feeling a lick, flip the surface upward to insert the SIM card.
To close the slow, flip the surface back and push it down lightly, then return the cover to its original position.
Put the SIM card in the doorbell camera, because of the missing corners, it can only be loaded in a specific orientation.
- Wall mounting prepare
Remove your old doorbell and any additional hardware. If your old device is a video doorbell. remove any wire connectors since they may not work with your Leaf Doorbell.
Unscrew it from the wall and disconnect the wires. We'll need access to those wires, so make sure they don't fall back into the wall.
You also want to make sure the location, you chose has a two and a quarter inch or five and a half centimeter space down the doorbell.
For hard surfaces like stucco or brick, you'll use the included wall anchors to attach the base plate or wedge to the wall.
Drill a hole for each anchor using a quarter inch or six millimeter masonry bit. Then gently tap in the anchors with a rubber mallet or hammer.
- AC wired
Next, connect the doorbell wires to your Leaf Doorbell.
1. Loosen both terminal screws on the back. Then, loop a doorbell wire around each one. Now use the wire connectors provided to wire your doorbell it will help avoid the wires touching each other or the base plate press down on the release tab to insert each wire it doesn't matter which wire goes into each connector now use a phillips screwdriver to connect the other end of the wire connector to the doorbell be careful to not over tighten.
2. Slide the doorbell in then down until you feel it lock into place.
3.Now turn the power back on.
You can expect the LED to turn solid blue as the device boots up.
- Mounting process
1. Slide out the doorbell.
2. Push the wires into the wall making sure the wires are positioned down towards the bottom of the doorbell.
3. Then, mount yourLeaf Doorbell using these screws.
4. Slide the doorbell in then down until you feel it lock into place It may take a moment for your Leaf Doorbell to power on. You'll know it's ready once it lights up.
5. To secure it, get the special security screw form bag B. Never use any other type of screw to secure the faceplate. Insert the security screw into the bottom of your doorbell and tighten it.
6. Test the doorbell to make sure it's securely mounted.
- CBRS connect
After the camera successfully boots up, it'll try to connect to the network with the LED quickly flashing green.
When the network is connected successfully, the LED will then turn solid green with a audio prompt "mobile network is connected. Camera is ready to pair."
The first time CBRS connection will take up to 2 min.
So please wait patiently.
- Add device
1. Find the "Add Devices" icon on the top right corner of the Dashboard.
2. Choose your device category.
1. After reading the installation guide or video from the mobile App, tap next to start scanning the QR code.
2. You can find the qr code found at the bottom of the device.
3. Now scan the QR code by placing the QR code.
4. Waiting for device to connect server. Depending on the network strength and speed, this step can takes up to 4 minutes.
5. You device is added to your home successfully. Now you can choose to add it to a certain room or area, whether existed or newly created, or just add it under the home.
- Finish you physical installation
Now you can use Leaf Doorbell to protect your home.
To learn more, visit the Mosolabs help center.